This Discography has been Modified By Luke@foolishgames.com. Other credits at the bottom of this page.
1. Saint Doug: 91X Alternative Sample
Jewel's first officially released recording--acoustic version of Angel Needs a Ride released on a San Diego radio station's sampler with other local bands. This disc has no release date on it, but it came out in conjunction with, and shortly after, the 1994 May Day Festival.
Jewel is already credited as being on Atlantic here. Also contains a track from the Rugburns first album. It's very much on the harder edge side, with Jewel, the Rugburns and Gregory Page being the only acoustic entries.
2. Pieces of You (1994, Atlantic Records)
Debut Atlantic recording consisting of studio recordings and live recordings recorded at the Inner Change in San Diego, CA.
- Who will save your soul
- Pieces of You
- Little Sister
- Foolish Games
- Near You Always
- Morning Song
- I'M Sensitive
- You Were Meant For Me
- Angel Standing By
3. Save the Linoleum:A promotional release from Atlantic featuring:
1. God's Gift To Women
3. I'm Sensitive (Live Version)
4. Who Will Save Your Soul (LP Version)
5. Race Car Driver
7. I'm Sensitive (LP Version)
4. Shiva Diva Doo Wop:
An "official" bootleg recording Jewel distributed herself prior to
her album being released. The cover is an excellent sketch by Jewel.
Available on cassette only. Only a limited number of these were
made, are are most likely no longer available.
1. 1,000 Miles Away
2. She Cries
4. My Own Private God's Gift to Women
5. Who Will Save Your Soul.A radio promo with two album tracks:
1. Who Will Save Your Soul
2. I'm Sensitive
6. Who Will Save Your Soul w/ Interview.A radio promo with two tracks:
1. Who Will Save Your Soul
2. Interview with Mike Halloran of 91X
7. Phyllis Barnaby Finally Gets a Bra (Promo) PRCD 6412-2A promotional release from Atlantic featuring:
1. You Were Meant For Me
2. Cold Song
3. Rocker Girl
8. You Were Meant for Me (Promo)Atlantic PRCD 6496
Another promotional release from Atlantic featuring:
1. You Were Meant for Me (new version)
It only has the new version of the song and no front or back
There is a sticker that covers the front that says "JEWEL Specially
produced by Juan Patino"
9. Spew+ Enhanced CDAtlantic 82844-2
Spew+ is an enhanced cd (they call it a "digizine"). It'll run on MacOS or Windows or you can just play the music in your cd player. It has videos for each track along with samples of other songs by the artists and various pictures, biographical info and other stuff.
System Requirements: A 2x CD-ROM drive and...
MacOS 7.1 or later, 68040 processor (or PowerPC), 8 MB RAM, 2 MB free on HD, 13" color monitor (256 colors).
Windows 3.1 or later, 486 DX2/66, 8 MB RAM, 2 MB free on HD, 8 Bit Sound Blaster compatible, 640 x 480 @ 256 colors.
10. Spew: the remixesAtlantic PRCD 6531-2
11. Spew 8Atlantic PRCD 6080-2
Track listing includes:
6. Jewel "Who Will Save Your Soul" (4:00)
WWSYS is the usual album version. This was apparently released in
early 1995 -- with the warning "Licensed for promotion only - sale is
prohibited". The disc comes in a cardboard sleeve with an insert
describing all of the artists on the disc.
Here's what the liner notes say about Jewel:
Newcomer Jewel Kilcher's startling debut, "Pieces Of You", is full
of shining contradictions. Innocent, yet full of knowing experience.
Definitely one to watch.
12. "Spew U" [PRCD 6360-2]
Contains the album version of "Angel Standing By". Other artists
include: CIV, Machines of Loving Grace, The Charlatans UK, Jill Sobule,
Rusty, Seven Mary Three, Francis Dunnery, Supernova, The Hatters, Edwin
McCain, and Tori Amos.
Atlantic continues to release a number of these promotion "Spew"
series discs, many of which contain album tracks from "Pieces of You"
13. "Who Will Save Your Soul" [PRCD 6585] (album version)Ê --- this was re-released to radio stations with the cover sticker:
As Seen On:
"The Conan O'Brien Show" and "CBS This Morning"
Other TV Appearances Include:
TNT's "The Wizard Of Oz" and VH1's "Duets With Melissa Etheridge"
14. "You Were Meant For Me" [PRCD 6605]Ê Track listing:
1. Remix - 3:13 (Juan Patino version)
2. Album Version - 4:13
3. Acoustic Version - 3:38
#3 is apparently from a radio show
--It's a duet with Steve Poltz (of the Rugburns) -- a great version!
--- this was released with a cover sticker:
See Jewel on TV!!
11/22 on TNT as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz"
11/22 with Melissa Etheridge on VH1's "Duets" show
11/28 performing "You Were Meant For Me" on NBC's "Late Show with Conan O'Brien"
T.B.S. "Entertainment Tonight"
15. Knock Out 2 (compilation CD from Out magazine)
Contains JEWEL "Women's Song" non-LP cut from the Atlantic album PIECES
OF YOU (82700)
This track is commonly referred to as "Dance Between Two Women"
16. The Wizard of Oz in Concert Rhino R2-72405
The audio CD of Wizard of Oz Live in Concert is available for $20.95 (including shipping and handling) from 1-800-201-8844.
Also, the video of that same performance is available for $24.93
(including shipping and handling) from the same phone number
17. "The Craft" Soundtrack (CK 67626) Columbia
One Jewel track, "Under the Water", written by Jewel and R. Sall.
This song is quite different than other material, almost a dance track with a rap section!
18. "I Shot Andy Warhol" Soundtrack (92690-2) Tag Recordings
One Jewel track "Sunshine Superman" a cover of an old Donovan song.
All Atlantic promo material (You Were Meant for Me, Save the Linoleum, and Who WIll Save Your Soul), are unavailable. You can't order them, can't buy them. However, they do tend to turn up in used CD shops on occasion, so keep your eye out.
19. Who Will Save Your Soul Cassette Single
20. Who Will Save Your Soul CD Single (US)
1. Who Will Save Your Soul (4:00)
2. Near You Always (2:53)
21. Who Will Save Your Soul CD Single (Australia) [Atlantic 7567-88514-2]
1. Who Will Save Your Soul (4:00)
2. Pieces Of You (4:15)
3. Emily (non-lp track -- from the movie "The Crossing Guard")(3:15)
This is an Australian CD single. Track 3 is the same one found on the
"Phyllis Barnabee"/YWMFM promo.
22. Phenomenon Soundtrack
Contains one new Jewel recording of John Hiatt's old "Have A Little Faith In Me."
23. Surfrider MOM Benefit Compilation
Contains one new Jewel track titled "Quiet Warrior."
24. You Were Meant For Me [PRCD 6888]
Contains the new version.
25. Batman And Robin Soundtrack
6. Foolish Games (new version aka the Single)
- Deep Water
- What's Simple is True
- Kiss the Flame
- Down So Long
- Innocence Maintained
- Fat Boy
- Enter from the East
- Life Uncommon
- Do You
- Absence of Fear
- Additional Bonus Track: The Little Bird (on CD only, hidden in track 13)
27. Joy: A Holiday Collection
- Joy To The World
- O Holy Night
- Silent Night
- Winter Wonderland
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- Ave Maria
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Face Of Love
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
- Life Uncommon
- From A Distance
- I Wonder As I Wander
- Hands (Christmas Version)
28. This Way
- Standing Still
- Jesus Loves You
- Everybody Needs Someone Sometime
- Break Me
- Do You Want To Play
- Till We Run Out Of Road
- Serve The Ego
- This Way
- I Won't Walk Away
- Love Me Just Leave Me Alone
- The New Wild West
Bonus North American Tracks: (note lyrics probably differ from album version)
29. Standing Still Import Single
30. Sweet Home Alabama Soundtrack
1. Jewel "Sweet Home Alabama"
2. SHeDAISY "Mine All Mine"
3. Avril Lavigne "Falling Down"
4. Ryan Adams "Gonna Make You Love Me"
5. Uncle Kracker "To Think I Used To Love You" (DJ Homicide Remix)
6. The Calling "Keep Your Hands To Yourself"
7. Charlotte Martin "Bring On The Day"
8. Sheryl Crow "Long Gone Lonesome Blues"
9. Jason Chain "You Got Me"
10. Shannon McNally "Now That I Know"
11. Dolly Parton "Marry Me"
12. The Freestylers "The Weekend Song"
13. George Fenton "Felony Melanie - Sweet Home Alabama Suite"
31. A Night Without Armor
Jewel's Poetry book is available on CD and Cassette. More info in the poetry section.
32. Intuition Single
Please note this list is not complete. There are more singles available not listed. Several other sound tracks contain Jewel's music. If you know of a specific item that I'm missing, drop me an email.
Recognition, Awards & Charts
- Pieces of You is multi-platinum and currently selling better than ever.
- Jewel's "Who Will Save Your Soul" was nominated in two categories at the MTV Video Music Awards, Best Female Video and Best New Artist. Alanis' Ironic swept both.
- Jewel won Best New Artist at the 1997 American Music Awards, Blockbuster Awards and the Internet Music Awards.
- Jewel both announced and received Grammy nominations in 1997 for Best Female Pop Vocal and Best New Artist.
- Jewel also has recorded a version of Eric Carmen's All By Myself, that appears in the movie, Clueless, but was not included on the soundtrack.
- Jewel's song Emily, was included in the film, Crossing Guard. The song is available on the You Were Meant for Me promo single.
- VH1's CrossRoads program seems the best place to be able to catch Jewel videos in the US.
- Jewel also appeared on VH1's Duets special with Melissa Etheridge. Jewel sang Foolish Games and Sleep While I Drive with Melissa.
- She sings backing vocals on one track, My Old Lover's Mother's House on the Rugburn's album, "Taking the World by Donkey".
- Jewel has a track in the film "I Shot Andy Warhol" called "Sunshine Superman."
- Jewel covers John Hiatt's "Have A Little Faith In Me" on the "Phenomenon" Soundtrack.
- Jewel provided "Quiet Warrior" for Surfrider USA's benefit CD.
- Jewel wrote "The Face of Love" for the new "Romeo & Juliet" film but was rejected.
- The multimedia magazine Launch featured Jewel on it's number 9 issue.
- Jewel's Crossroads performance of "Foolish Games" is on the VH1 Crossroads CD.
- Jewel presented the Rock Song of the Year at the Billboard Music Awards in December of 1996
This FAQ was originally written by Neal Copperman and Jeff Hanson, and is now maintained by Adam Longfellow. Portions added and modified by Lucas Holt (Luke@FoolishGames.com) . Note: Adam Longfellow took down his website some time ago. I will attempt to update this page with new information. I do not know if Adam "passed the torch" to another person.